The quest for healthy post-partum eats continues! I don’t know how we’ve managed to swing it, but I swear that we’ve all been eating better in the two weeks since Claire was born than in the months before. Too bad I can’t say the same for sleep… One battle at a time, right?
Over the weekend, DadHTP stopped by just as I was pulling this dish out of the oven. Served with a simple salad, this was the perfect lunch for the whole family.
This reminds me of Quiche Cornbread (still one of my favorite all-time crowd-pleasing recipes – but the grand prize goes to Santa Fe Casserole). Instead of a cornbread base, this recipe features roasted potatoes. If you make the potatoes ahead of time for another meal, this dish is super fast and easy to prepare. We *always* have leftover potatoes in the fridge, so it came together in no time!
Alternatively, you could use a frozen potato, like this kind from Alexa. Just bake the tots for 15 minutes or so before adding the other ingredients.
I used a tablespoon of onion dip mix for flavoring, but if onion isn’t your thing, you should skip the spice entirely (it would still be good!) or try a touch of cayenne pepper.
Cheesy Potato Frittata
Ingredients (for about three – four servings, depending on your slices):
- 1 and 1/2 cup pre-roasted Russet potatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cup raw baby spinach, shredded into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: 1 tablespoon onion dip mix
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cast-iron baking dish (or a glass pie dish).
- Spread out chopped potatoes on the bottom of the baking dish.
- On the stovetop on medium, quickly wilt the spinach with the olive oil and spices.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and spinach. Pour over the potatoes.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
This would be an awesome holiday buffet dish. It would pair reaaaaally well with a warm cinnamon bun (but wouldn’t everything?).
Hope you had a fabulous and healthy weekend, too!