Baby, it’s cold outside!
I spent 10 minutes trying to take a photo of my own breath (with an SLR to boot). Do you know how impossibly hard that is?
I hope you find a cute photo of Maggie and James snuggling up on the couch much more illustrative. :) It really is COLD outside! Snuggle up!
And eat oatmeal.
Specifically, Double Shot Hazelnut Oatmeal. Mmm, caffeine.
Instant coffee is good for one thing: giving food a coffee flavor (I’m a French press snob when it comes to the drinking kind of coffee).
Double Shot Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Splash of water (if necessary)
- Drizzle hazelnut syrup
- Pecans for topping
- Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan. Heat on medium and stir constantly for about 5 minutes, until banana begins to melt and liquid heats off.
- Add coffee and water. Stir. Add syrup.
- Scoop into bowl and top with pecans.
Taking an AM work break to tackle 5.0 miles. Wish me luck! I haven’t run this far in two weeks, and I’m been kind of resting since because my knee bothered me. Hopefully, this run will be fun and pain-free!
Good luck on the 5 miles! 🙂
And it’s cold here too! 31 degrees! :/ It’s suppose to snow tomorrow as well. Yikes!