I might have peaked when I created Pancake Truffles. Who knows if Iâ€™ll ever dream up anything else as delicious?
Hereâ€™s another new twist!
Ingredients (for 3 truffles or 1 serving):
- 1/2 cup raw oatmeal
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heavy pinch cloves
- Heavy pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 1/8 cup almond milk
- 4.5 inches of banana (cut into three 1.5 inch pieces)
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first eight ingredients in small bowl.
- Separate mix into three piles.
- Take one segment of banana and coat in the pancake mix. It will be kind of sticky and wet, but thatâ€™s fine.
- Form ball around the banana segment.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with other banana segments.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove, plate, and dust with powdered sugar.
The original recipe is still the best. 🙂
Get Your Carve On!
I am happy to announce the Great Blogger Pumpkin Carving Contest, hosted by the lovely Carly.
Carly thought it would be fun to create a virtual carving contest for bloggers + readers . Thereâ€™s awesome prizes and bragging rights at stake! Head over to her blog to learn more â€“ a photograph of your entry is due October 30.
Holly and I are going to be the judges. Iâ€™m excited to see what everyone comes up with! I tend to just crack open my pumpkins for the goodies INSIDE (mmm, pumpkin seeds!). This is the best I can do, usually:
Meghann and I carved these in 2008! I distinctly remember almost cutting off my hand.
Have a GREAT day!