Have you tried my Flax Encrusted Sweet Potato Balls? It’s one of my favorite recipes! The only change I made to the recipe today was using raw quinoa instead of ground flax. The quinoa is still crunchy after baking, but not too hard – it softens a lot after being cooked next to the moist sweet potato.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/2 large baked sweet potato, mashed
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup of rinsed (raw) quinoa
- Ketchup for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mash together salsa, sweet potato, and black beans.
- Form mix into five balls.
- Spread out ground flax in a low bowl and roll each ball in the quinoa, coating completely.
- Place balls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, rotating once.
- Garnish with ketchup and enjoy!
I had cherries and broccoli on the side.
Back to work I go!
PS – Only 50 days until the Operation Beautiful book comes out (but you can pre-order it now on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Indie Bound). Thanks to everyone who ordered it already!
PPS – Mary is doing an awesome raffle for the cutest workout clothes!
Three of my favorites combined: sweet potatoes, black beans, and quinoa. Yes, please! 🙂