This post is sponsored by Udi’s Gluten-Free.
As a gluten-free vegetarian, it can be a bit challenging to host BBQ lunches or dinner parties for friends and family. When I do hear, "Wow! I didn’t even realize that was gluten-free," I feel so proud.
My favorite way to host friends and family is to cook " normal foods" but with a little twist. I’ve found this method works better than going all-out with a crazy dish that looks strange (but still tastes delicious). One of my favorite recipes to Caitlin-ify is ‘Chicken’ Salad Sandwiches.
Man – before I went vegetarian, CSS was one of my FAVORITE MEALS OF ALL TIME. It was actually my gateway food into really liking mayonnaise. Went I went vegetarian, I knew I had to time a way to continue eating CSS, and when I went gluten-free, I knew that Udi’s would be the perfect toast for my beloved ‘Chicken’ Salad Sammies.
Here’s the recipe! It’s perfect for a lunch get-together, Easter brunch, or as a make-ahead dish to enjoy all week long.
‘Chicken’ Salad Sandwiches
Ingredients (makes four sandwiches):
- 1 block tofu, pressed and drained for 15 minutes (very important)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Optional: 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard (for a little extra kick)
- 8 slices of Udi’s Gluten Free bread, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After pressing tofu for 15 minutes, chop tofu into 1/2-inch squares. Lay tofu out on greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine tofu, celery, onions, mayo, spices, and mustard.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let flavors set.
- Scoop onto toasted Udi’s bread and serve as sandwiches.