I have all these travel â€˜rulesâ€™ and superstitions:
- Kiss the side of the airplane before I board. Kissing must occur prior to one foot being on the plane. This prevents the plane from crashing, of course.
- Read the safety instructions in the seat pocketâ€¦ Which also prevents the plane from crashing.
- Mustâ€¦ sitâ€¦ inâ€¦ theâ€¦ aisle.
- Stuff a pillow down under the sheets near my legs and pretend itâ€™s Maggie.
- If I check a bag, itâ€™s going to get lost unless I pack extra underwear in my carry-on.
- Check under the hotel bed, in the closet, in the shower, and behind the curtains for monsters. Or creepers.
I donâ€™t know if any of these tricks ensure safer, happier travels, but they sure make me feel better.
Gonna go purse my lips and get ready for some kissy-face action with the side of that 747.