Happy Father’s Day to DadHTP.
I can credit my father with:
- My political views (thanks for brainwashing me as a child, Dad!)
- My love for racing, especially for cycling.
- My facial structure. I am the spitting image of my father.
- My obsession with sci-fi and fantasy movies and shows (anyone else watch Highlander in the 1990s?!).
- My appreciation for 1970s rock and roll.
- My education. My mom pushed me to work hard, too, but I really think my dad was the driving force behind my academic career.
- Keeping me out of trouble from 1998 – 2002 (fun fact: my dad would make me breathe on him when I returned home from a late night out with my friends to prove I hadn’t been drinking. Freshly brushed teeth were cause for grounding.)
Wish DadHTP was around today (he’s actually in California) because I would’ve made him a double batch of his favorite breakfast!
In the pot:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 banana
- Chia seeds (for Omega 3’s)
- Topping: a drizzle of maple syrup
After yesterday’s record-setting unproductivity, I am determined it GET ‘ER DONE today.