My body is going through intense vegetable cravings! Considering that I donâ€™t even really like most veggies (ice cream is much tastier), this is pretty awesome.
Lunch was a whole wheat bagel with hummus, sundried tomatoes, and steamed asparagus:
Asparagus is an excellent sandwich topper! Very flavorful and fun.
Plus, some B. Sprouts on the side (also steamed).
I also had a small bowl of baked beans, but my camera ate the picture. Guess it was tasty. 🙂
Three Changes Update
On March 11, I saw a Chinese medicine doctor and she (plus my husband) recommended that I make three small changes in my diet.
The changes were:
- Drink warm water upon waking, and drink more warm/lukewarm water throughout the day.
- Reduce the amount of caffeinated beverages, especially coffee.
- Reduce the amount of dairy I eat from 3 + servings to an average of 1 serving a day.
For an explanation of why she suggested these changes, check out this post.
Itâ€™s been 11 days since I started to make the changes, and hereâ€™s how Iâ€™m doing so far.
- Water, water, everywhere! I have been drinking so much more water, and I have noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin, energy level, and alertness. Drinking more water is miraculous!
- Caffeine has been harder. Iâ€™ve been struggling to stick with one coffee a day. Traveling was especially difficult because I was tired. But Iâ€™m making improvements.
- Dairy has been even harder. I am paying more attention to my dairy intake and have reduced it overall, but there have definitely been a few days I still had a lot of dairy. Small changes count, though! And Iâ€™m discovering fun cheese substitutions (like hummus).
What was the most influential and helpful eating or healthy living tip anyone ever told you?