In honor of this weekâ€™s Blogger Secret Ingredient: Pancake Mix contest, I made Pumpkin Spice Pancakes for breakfast.
I donâ€™t have a detailed recipe to share, but basically, I made regular whole wheat pancakes and added about 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree and dashes of cinnamon. ground cloves, and nutmeg.
The result? Soft, chewy, and â€œundercookedâ€ pancakes. The inside had the consistency of pumpkin pie!
I ate two pancakes and a banana for a pre-run snack. Iâ€™ll finish it off when I get back from my run.
On that note, I must go! Iâ€™m running 3.0 miles, looping back, snagging the Husband, and weâ€™ll do another 2.0 miles together.
Like Tina, I just realized how crazy the next few weeks are:
- October 17: Wedding in Jacksonville, Florida
- October 18: Old Friend Reunion + Session with Photographer to Re-Do Wedding Pictures
- October 19: POM Wonderful Harvest Tour in Fresno, California
- October 20: Day 2 of POM Wonderful
- October 21: Day 3 of POM Wonderful
- October 22: Anatomy Test
- October 23: Mom Visits
- October 24: Party for my Grandpa in Melbourne, Florida
- October 26: Mom Leaves
- October 29: Our Friend Joey Visits
- October 30: Brother-In-Lawâ€™s 21st Birthday
- October 31: Chapter 1 of Operation Beautiful Book Due
Yikes! Lots of fun stuff, but busy nevertheless. Should make for interesting blogging! 🙂
Remember: This weekâ€™s Blogger Secret Ingredient contest is being hosted by ME! I chose Pancake Mix as the BSI. Check out this post for the rules, and Iâ€™ll pick the winning recipe on Sunday.