I have the Wednesday sleepies…
Good thing I have an awesome recipe to share!
This is a twist on last week’s Quinoa, Bean, and Greek Yogurt Muffins. The recipe format is basically the same, but this is a yummy Spinach and Artichoke flavored mini casserole!
Spinach and Artichoke Greek Yogurt Muffins
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used thawed frozen Trader Joe’s rice and it made this recipe a snap)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 generous cups spinach
- 1 cup 2% Greek Yogurt plain
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 12 cupcake tins.
- After draining artichoke hearts, press in between a clean dish towel to remove extra moisture. Chop artichoke hearts.
- Chop spinach and cook on stovetop in oil until it wilts.
- Combine artichokes, spinach, cooked rice, yogurt, cheese, eggs, and spices in large bowl.
- Pour mixture into cupcake tins and bake covered with tin foil for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 5.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes, and serve.
Can I ask if the frozen brown rice is comparable in price to dry brown rice?