Not that running while pushing a 40+ pound load isnâ€™t hard enoughâ€¦
1. Do sprints. Run as fast as you can for thirty seconds and then walk for thirty seconds.
2. Do squats. Put the stroller in park and do several reps of squats.
3. Do walking lunges. Take a running break and alternate legs as you do walking lunges. (Tip: your forward knee should be directly over your ankle â€“ if itâ€™s too far forward, you can hurt your kneeâ€¦ trust me, Iâ€™ve learned that one the hard way!)
4. Do â€˜shovesâ€™ up hills. Put the leash around your wrist to ensure the stroller doesnâ€™t get away from you, and then, as you run up the hill, utilize your core muscles and arms to shove the stroller in front of you. Catch it and repeat.
5. Do push-ups and sit-ups. Park the stroller in the grass and bang out a few moves while baby watches.
6. Run on trash day and spend lots of extra energy dodging trash cans.
My review of the BOB Ironman.
Whew. Iâ€™m all sorts of beat!