Over the weekend, I realized that I’ll be 29 years old in 3 months. 29 years old. I’m sure some of you are thinking, “Silly Caitlin! 29 is young!” and some of you are thinking, “Damn, girl. You are getting old.” Hah. It’s all relative, I guess. But all I can think is… where does the time go? I feel like I just packed up my bedroom, said goodbye to my mom, and moved from Florida to Pennsylvania for college.
Is the rest of life going to go by this fast? If the last eight months are any indication, it’s going to speed up.
I got to thinking… What do I want to do in the next three months? Here’s my list of 29 before 29.
1. Go for a run in Central Park, New York City.
2. Bake myself a chocolate cake for no real reason.
3. Take James on a trail walk.
5. Watch Dumb & Dumber for the first time ever. <— I hear I’m missing out.
6. Eat at an Ethiopian restaurant.
7. Make Henry’s baby book.
8. Paint my toenails.
9. Sort out my financials.
10. Run in the rain.
11. Read a ‘classic’ book.
12. Take a semi-spontaneous day trip to Asheville, North Carolina. <— semi-spontaneous because the days of truly spontaneous day trips are so over.
13. Learn how to clean burned bottom pots.
14. Take a hot yoga class.
15. Reconnect with an old friend.
16. Go through the drive-through at Starbucks and buy the next person’s drink anonymously.
17. Teach Henry how to clap.
18. Take the dogs on a really long walk and then give them a super bubbly bath.
19. Do push-ups every day.
20. Learn how to say “I love you” in five languages.
21. Flip through my old photos and reminiscence about the last decade.
22. Make myself a piece of jewelry.
23. Drink a really great glass of wine while simultaneously eating really great dark chocolate.
24. Finish landscaping the front yard so our neighbors stop giving us the stink eye.
25. Clean the car for once (instead of leaving it until the Husband does it).
26. Take Henry to the water park.
27. Go an entire day without looking at my iPhone.
28. Donate to NPR.
29. Give a genuine compliment to a stranger.
I love the idea of this list! You will become addicted to hot yoga. Dumb and Dumber will give you such a great laugh. My boyfriend helped me clean out my car this weekend and it’s a wonderful feeling. Great list 🙂