Ugh. Lesson learned (again): Eating lots of junky food makes me physically feel like… well, like junk. Yesterday was very busy and a little stressful, and without really realizing it, I managed to eat a huge portion of chips and salsa, a bowl of ice cream, and French fries within 5 hours. Tasty, indeed. Healthy? Um, not something I should do everyday.
I generally operate on a 80/20 split of healthy eating v. not-so-healthy eating. I find I’m much more likely to stick to general healthy habits if I build flexibility into my life (plus, dessert rules – duh!). But yesterday was a bit much. I paid for it with a severe stomachache that plagued me all night long.
(Side note: Nicole and I were recently discussing how so many things in like are 80/20 – as a therapist, she says that you should love 80% of your partner’s characteristics; if you can live with the other 20%, that’s great. And my realtor says if a house meets 80% of your wish list, you should make an offer. I guess 80/20 is the magic split!)
So, here’s to the 80% in life – the healthy foods that make you feel good, the partners who make you laugh, the houses with walk-in closets. The rest can be tasty, dangerously sexy, or quirky, but it’s really the 80% that makes for a balanced life.
And here’s to breakfast!
This Tofu Scramble was out of this world. Healthy is delicious!
To make this scramble:
I followed the general directions for cast-iron tofu but broke up the blocks of tofu once they began to brown. Then, I added in sliced carrots and tons of raw spinach. I let everything cook on high for a bit in the wok, and then I added the eggs and scrambled everything for a few minutes. I was making this dish for the Husband and I, so I used 6 eggs and 2/3 block of tofu, and I ate about 1/3 of the result. With some salt and pepper, it was perfect.
Off to try to find an 80% perfect house.