WOAH! I loved, loved, loved reading all the wonderful comments on the Green Your Period post. If you have not checked out the comments, I highly recommend you do so – there are so many great tips and discussions going on. And lots of juicy TMI gossip. Of course.
I promise not to discuss anything relating to vaginas for at least two weeks. Deal? Deal. Can I make it up to you with a lovely breakfast recipe?
Chewy Millet ‘Granola’ and Yogurt
- 1/4 cup millet
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (or ground flax)
- Greek yogurt (any flavor – I used honey)
- Fresh fruit
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil and add in millet.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain away any extra water and return to turned-off (but still warm) stovetop. Let stand for a minute to remove any remaining water.
- Add maple syrup and chia seeds. Stir thoroughly.
- Allow millet to cool completely and then transfer to the fridge to chill (or – do what I did and stick the stainless steel pot directly in the freezer for 10 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine millet, yogurt, and fruit fruit. Serve and enjoy!
The millet is like ‘granola’ because it is slightly undercooked, and thus very chewy. I think this might bother some sensitive stomachs, so you could always cook it for a bit longer – it would just be more fluffy than chewy.
Personally, I loved the little chew balls. Very yummy, especially with a pile of strawberries.
High-ho, it’s off to work (we) go. Stay tuned for a fun little post about working with your spouse, per Morgan’s request.
I love the way you use untraditional grains in more ways than just dinner 🙂