Good morning! This is how I feel about Monday:
Laying in bed > working. Obviously.
After a fun Saturday (guess what? I didn’t drown during my Open Water Challenge race!), Sunday was kind of blah. I didn’t feel very well, emotionally or physically, and spent most of the day laying on the couch or the patio and staring at a book/the TV/the wall/the back of my eyelids.
But with 11 hours (OMG) of sleep under my belt, I feel much better.
So much better, in fact, that I have this AMAZING breakfast to share with you…
I’m OBSESSED with coffee, and the love for java definitely translates to ice cream. I will always choose coffee ice cream over the other ‘traditional’ favorites like cookie dough or mint chocolate chip.
But coffee ice cream for breakfast?! Well, of course – if it’s secretly Banana Soft Serve in disguise!
Coffee Banana Soft Serve
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 2 bananas, frozen in chunks
- 2 large dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1.5 tablespoons instant coffee (powdered)
- In food processor, combine all ingredients until a soft serve is created.
- Depending on the consistency, you might want to re-freeze for a bit. Generally, if you eat it within a day or so of making it, you won’t need to re-process. Otherwise, just give it a whirl in the processor again to create a soft texture.
I enjoyed my Coffee Banana Soft Serve on top of some French toast with blackberries. That makes it an acceptable breakfast, right?
Ready… set… MONDAY!
Your ice cream seems so much more solid than I’ve ever been able to make it. Mine is usually thick milkshake consistency. What’s the trick?