Weâ€™re home! Weâ€™re home! Our vacation was a blast, but I have to say that sleeping in my own bed last night was pretty sweet.
Plus, I missed the pups. I think they missed us, too!
Guess who is visiting? Mom! Knowing my mom would be at our house made the transition from vacation to regular life a little easier. Plus, today is her BIRTHDAY! I havenâ€™t been able to spend time with my mom on her birthday since I was 18 and living at home, so this is particularly sweet.
In honor of my momâ€™s birthday, I made her a special breakfast.
Baked Banana Oatmeal Casserole
Ingredients (for four servings):
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1.5 cups of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Drizzle of maple syrup (a must!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 by 9 inch casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients except maple syrup.
- Pour mix into casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center is firm.
- Slice into quarters.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
The maple syrup really adds something to this dish, so donâ€™t skip it (I hadnâ€™t drizzled it on until after photographs were taken). It really does taste like a bowl of oats / pancake / pie all rolled into on.
We have a fun day of birthday activities planned â€“ I better get moving!