Fried pickle lovers everywhere, rejoice. This is a healthier, homemade version of my favorite greasy bar food. And they are AMAZING â€“ try them with ranch dressing or ketchup!
Now, donâ€™t get me wrong â€“ baked pickles are not a â€˜heath foodâ€™ â€“ just healthier than fried pickles. 🙂
I healthed-up my favorite salty treat by patting the pickles dry before breading them (removing some of the sodium), using panko crumbs (typically trans-fat free), and baking instead of frying. Pickle WIN!
Ingredients (make 10 pickles or 2 servings):
- 1 jar dill pickles, sandwich style
- 1 egg
- Four little â€˜branchesâ€™ of dill
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine panko crumbs and dill unless well-mixed. Pour bread onto plate.
- Break egg into bowl and beat.
- Remove a pickle and pat with paper plate to remove some sodium.
- Dredge in egg and then coat in crumbs.
- Place pickle on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat 9 more times.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for 5 more minutes. Broil for 1 minute (WATCH CAREFULLY) until they brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
So delicious! Make these NOW.
With a veggie burger on a Thomas Bagel Thin:
And some roasted Brussel sprouts (if you donâ€™t think you like Brussel sprouts, try rubbing them in maple syrup and salt and roasted at 400 for 25 minutes â€“ so good):
Time for couch + HGTV. Oh yeaaaah.