This extremely easy recipe is my contribution to our Super Bowl party (plus our flat screen + a ton of beer!). 🙂
Youâ€™d never guess these were nearly vegan (I was just informed the cheese has casein in it)! Creamy, chewy, and cheesy, these will disappear from the buffet table likeâ€¦ well, like hot potatoes.
Extremely Easy Potato Sliders
Ingredients (for approximately 20 sliders):
- 15 small white russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tub vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
- 1 bag soy cheddar cheese (I used Lisanatti Soy-Station cheddar and it melted well!)
- 1.0 tablespoon kosher salt
- 0.5 tablespoon pepper
- Topping options: green onion (sliced thinly) or vegan bacon (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash the potatoes and stab with fork.
- Rub whole potatoes with olive oil.
- Bake 50 minutes, turn off heat, and let stand in oven for half an hour.
- Remove from oven and slice lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out most of the potato into a mixing bowl. Be careful not to tear the skin.
- Reserve 20 skins (youâ€™ll end up tossing 10 halves).
- In a mixer, combine tub of cream cheese, potato, salt, and pepper until creamy.
- Scoop back potato mix into the skins (it should overflow a little).
- Place all skins into a casserole dish. You can either put it in the fridge or finish cooking immediately. If necessary, reheat at 350 until warm when ready to eat.
- Top skins with cheese and broil on low for 3 minutes (watch carefully)!
- Remove and eat!
The Super Bowl is good for two things in my eyesâ€¦ food and friends!
Iâ€™m off to squeeze in a run before 20 people invade our small apartment. :) My planned 8-miler has become a 3-miler â€“ what can you do?
What are you cooking for the Super Bowl?