I’ve been eying The Non-Dairy Queen’s Pumpkin Rice Pudding for days. I was so excited to make it for breakfast today, but quickly realized it required over an hour of baking. If I had planned ahead, this would be fine – but I was starving!
Enter: Speedy Pumpkin Rice Pudding.
This very unique breakfast only required 20 minutes of prep time + cooking, which is about how long it takes me to make coffee, walk the dogs, and wash my face. Morning chores over = breakfast time!
Speedy Pumpkin Rice Pudding (inspired by the Non-Dairy Queen)
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Drizzle maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
- Several almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat over to 425.
- Grease a medium-sized casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix cooked rice, pumpkin, milk, egg white, cinnamon, maple syrup, raisins, and almonds.
- Spread mixture in bottom of casserole dish. The goal is to spread it thinly – less than an inch – so it cooks and browns quickly.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Scoop into bowl, top with brown sugar, and eat!
This was so good! One more reason to make a little extra brown rice with dinner tonight. It would reheat well, too.
What is your recipe downfall? Complex techniques? Hard-to-find ingredients? Long cooking time?