Something different for breakfast!
I was staring into the fridge this morning, running through my breakfast options:
- Yogurt mess
- French Toast
- PB sandwich
But nothing sounded good. I wanted something different.
I’m a huge fan of baked oatmeals because the texture is so unique – more like a warm, thick, chewy slice of bread than a bowl of oats. Plus, you can mix up the flavors easily by adding different fruit (apples, bananas, etc). Today’s star was pear!
Baked Pear Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 small pear
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- Drizzle maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice pear in half. Chop one half and thinly slice the other.
- Mix all ingredients but thinly sliced pear, cashews, and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Pour mix into mini casserole dish and top with remaining pear and cashews.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top.
Dense and chewy – the way I like it!
This is your daily plea to PLEASE VOTE for Operation Beautiful to win the Amway Positivity Project! If I win the $10,000 prize (!!!), I’m going to turn around and donate the ENTIRE THING to Girls on the Run International, a self-esteem building program for 8 – 10 year old girls (it’s the running program that I volunteer with once a week). No registration required to vote – just a little click! You can vote once a day until mid-November!
Do you get into breakfast ruts, too?
I would totally make that this morning if I didn’t wake up STARVING! I can’t wait the 20 min! Voted for you btw!