Have you not made the Autumn Grilled Banana Sandwich yet? Because you REALLY should!
Game Face Redux
I had grand plans to write a post about getting my game face on for my marathon (THREE DAYS â€“ AHHH!). I woke up and starting to mentally put together my post when I vaguely recalled talking about this before. Guess what? Iâ€™ve already written that post! :) I guess that happens after 2,600 posts.
My advice includes:
- How to taper
- Eating cleanly (no alcohol!)
- Eating a few extra hundred calories beginning two or three days before the race to top off your glycogen stores (for endurance events)
- Review race website
- Check the weather obsessively
- Drive to race location or print out a map
- Put together a playlist
- And lots of other last minute tips
How do you get ready in the days leading up to a race? What things do you worry about? I always fear: not being able to go to the bathroom (sorry if thatâ€™s too much information, but its a serious concern for a runner!) and getting lost on my way to the race.
PS â€“ The winners of the medal display giveaway are Allie (her motivational mantra is â€œCanâ€™t stop, wonâ€™t stop!â€) and Megan (she repeats, â€œHills are friends! Hills are friends!â€) Congrats!