You may now wipe the drool from your keyboard!
This is definitely my new favorite pumpkin recipe! And it’s hopefully going to fuel me through a day of house hunting with the mother-in-law.
Autumn Grilled Banana Sandwich
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
2 eggs, beaten
- Two pieces of whole wheat bread
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Drizzle of honey
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of crushed pecans
- Grease and heat frying pan.
- Make basic French bread by dredging the toast in eggs and placing on grilled.
- Meanwhile, slice the banana and place on griddle to cook.
- While the toast and banana cooks, mix pumpkin, chia seeds, honey, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Once toast has finished cooking, remove from heat and put bananas in between slices. Top with pumpkin mix and pecans.
I think the key to really amazing French toast is using really amazing bread. 🙂
I really liked the addition of pumpkin on top of my favorite breakfast. Autumn, here we come!
Fun E-mail of the Morning
Maria wrote, “I have been following your blog and Operation Beautiful for a few months now. On post you did in July, announcing your decision to sign up for another marathon, I commented: "As someone so new to running that even 3 miles mildly freaks them out, I am so inspired by your courage to run another marathon – even knowing that you didn’t have the absolute best experience the first time around. I can’t wait to read every detail of your training plan. I almost signed up for my first 5K race yesterday, hesitated, but now I am most certainly going to do it!" Your reply was, "Do it! What are you waiting for? Life is for living!" So I did.
I raced my very first race on Saturday, a 5K. Back in July, as I stated, 3 miles, seemed like "marathon" to me. But I dug down deep and realized that this was something I really wanted to do.
I trained, faced some injuries and frustrations along the way, and I finally raced. And guess what? I placed 2nd in my age group. I came in at 29:24 – a PR that ranked me 23rd out of 67 runners. And to think that I never would have experienced this bit of living if you hadn’t encouraged me to do so! Life IS worth living and I’m happy to say that I feel like I’m finally FULLY living it.”
Quote of the day: “What lies behind me does not define me.” ~ Brendan James