Catching up on weekend posts?
- New recipe! No-cheese Salsa Verde Enchiladas
- New recipe! Braised Cabbage Pasta
- And I ran a 15-mile long run 🙂
Good morning! How goes it on this lovely Monday?
I thought I’d start things off right with a lovely breakfast. What makes this dish really sing? The play of savory and sweet from the combination of balsamic reduction and strawberries.
Strawberry Fields Breakfast Quinoa
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 1 serving quinoa, dry
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 serving sweetened nuts (I used honey sesame cashews)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar for reducing
- Boil quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice strawberries. Set aside.
- In another small pot, bring balsamic vinegar to boil and reduce it (takes about 5 minutes, it will become thick and oily).
- Once quinoa is finished, drain any excess liquid and mix in nuts, maple syrup, and strawberries. Plate.
- Pour balsamic reduction over the top.
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." (Howard Washington Thurman)