Bold statement, huh? :) Before I share one of the secrets of organizational blissâ€¦
This protein-packed sandwich was a fun alternative to regular old hummus. The addition of corn creates a really great texture, and fresh basil pumps up the flavor.
To make the sandwich, I combined 1/4 cup drained and rinsed chickpeas and 1/4 cup frozen corn in a wok and heated it thoroughly. Then, I mixed in 1/4 cup hummus, salt, and pepper, and spooned the mixture onto some Dakota bread from Great Harvest. Topped with some fresh basil, too!
On the side:
Gmail Will Change Your Life
After writing the Priorities post, Iâ€™ve been thinking a lot about organizational tips and tricks. The Husband is really stressed out trying to launch his practice â€“ there just seems to be an endless list of things to do and roadblocks around every corner. Every project takes twice as long as he anticipates.
Iâ€™m about to show him the wonders of GMail because I think it will help him get focused. Kath showed me how to maximize the e-mail tool last year, and it seriously changed my life. I donâ€™t know how I would organize my e-mails without using the settings function of Google. Kath has some great NERD KERF videos if you want to learn more about the intricacies.
But hereâ€™s how to do the easiest and simplest Gmail trick: Multiple Inboxes.
Multiple inboxes allow you to keep a â€œcleanâ€ inbox and store other emails in various folders, my favorite of which is â€œFollow Up.â€ I HATE to see a cluttered inbox, but the Follow Up inbox lets me drop e-mails that I cannot instantly answer into another spot. Itâ€™s still on the homepage of Gmail so I donâ€™t forget about it.
To create multiple inboxes:
- Go to â€œLabsâ€ and enable the â€œMultiple Inboxesâ€ feature.
- Create labels for the inboxes youâ€™d like to see on the homepage. For example, my labels for inboxes include: Follow Up, Reader Stuff to Post, and Notes.
- Apply this label to the specific emails you want to appear in the inbox.
- Click settings at the top of GMail, and then click on â€œMultiple Inboxes.â€
- Panel 0 is your new mail inbox, so leave that blank.
- Under Panel 1, type: â€œlabel:XXXâ€ where the XXS is your specific label.
- Repeat if necessary and hit Save Changes.
Also enable the Archive feature so you can transfer your e-mails from your main inbox to the All Mail feature.
Having a clean and organized e-mail box helps me be productive, efficient, and calm.
What computer tricks and tools do you use to stay organized?