Been rolling around this breakfast creation in my brain for a full week!
The inspiration came from sesame flatbreads from Trader Joe’s. A full flatbread is actually two servings (and 500 calories) so I tried to come up with a creative way to use half the flatbread.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Toppings: blueberries
- Serve with sesame flatbread or pita bread
- Preheat oven to low broil.
- Thinly slice the banana
- In a small pot, combine banana with almond milk and spices. Heat on low, stirring constantly and mashed down with a spatula to create a paste.
- Grease ramekin and pour in banana mixture.
- Pour maple syrup on top.
- Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes or until the banana dip starts to brown.
- Top with blueberries.
- Serve with flatbread or pita chips.
I must say – this was a fun breakfast to eat! :)
And… I’m off!
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” (Mark Victor)