My feet are killing me! I never, ever wear high heels anymore, and after trudging around in 3 – 4 inchers for three days, my feet are incredibly swollen. I’ve been trying to keep flats in my bag so I can switch into something more comfortable for long hauls, but still… Ouch.
How very NYC of me.
Although I chose not to bring any workout gear on the trip (which worked out well because I haven’t really had a minute to spare), I’ve been getting in a lot of cardio just by moving around the city. On Wednesday, I walked about 4.0 miles and today, I did another 2.25! The subway system intimidates me, and walking is free! 🙂
Do you walk to work or class regularly? Isn’t it nice?
My commute took me to the Shape magazine headquarters on Park Avenue. I met with Jenna and Meghan to discuss all things social media and blogging.
And then I walked back. 🙂
Realized on the way that I passed right by the Empire State building and didn’t notice! How could I possibly miss it?
I stopped into a Pret to grab lunch to go. I was OBSESSED with Prets when we were in London because they offered so many (inexpensive) vegetarian sandwich options. The selection in NYC wasn’t as great, but I still found something delicious.
I got a tomato, arugula, and brie (?) sandwich.
And sparkling water (chilled, of course):
Time to pack up and get to the airport. So excited to see the Husband and dogs. And maybe go for a run!
- Laura wrote, "My compliment is for my best friend Blaire. When I was going through some really tough times with self-esteem and body image, she was always there to help bring me out of funks. And, thanks to her encouragement, I have started developing a healthier and more positive outlook on fitness, outlook, and life!! Thanks, Blaire!”
- Saima wrote, “My dad is my inspiration…he inspires me immensely that with determination one can achieve their dreams no matter how difficult the journey may seem!!”
- Samantha wrote, “Definitely my parents are a huge inspiration to me. They support my decisions and also support me financially by paying for my college. They seriously deserve some recognition because I know money doesn’t grow on trees!”
- Danielle wrote, “Truthfully, if we’re talking the blog world, I couldn’t pick just one blogger to compliment. All of the healthy living blogs I read truly do add something special to my life. Those busy weeks where my Google reader’s unread items approaches 300 I really feel like I’m missing out, and I relish the time I spend catching up, getting new food and fitness ideas, and relating to the topics that affect us all. So thanks to all of you!”
- Julie wrote, “My compliment is for my very best friends from the ‘burgh. Even though we are now scattered, these girls are all intelligent, beautiful, witty, and amazing!”