Back on the bike!
Not this bike:
I havenâ€™t gone to spin class in AGES, but I always loved it. I quit the gym last month, but my membership expires on the 14th. Since the boys were heading to the gym, I figured Iâ€™d tag along and create my own spin bike routine.
Hereâ€™s what I did with the accompanying song. The whole routine took 30 minutes and left me dripping in sweat. Oh, please donâ€™t judge me by my song choices.
- â€œRunningâ€ â€“> hands on the top of the bars and standing up straight
- Crouched â€“> hands on the drop bars, back flat, butt out over the seat.
- SONG 1: â€œCanâ€™t be Tamedâ€ by Miley Cyrus: 2 minute warm-up at medium pace and medium resistance. End with running intervals at medium resistance.
- SONG 2: â€œBlah, Blah, Blahâ€ by Ke$ha: Repeating intervals of seated, running, and crouched for 30 seconds each at medium pace and medium resistance.
- SONG 3: â€œAirplanesâ€ by B.O.B.: Long, slow seated climb at medium pace with increasing resistance until itâ€™s very, very hard to pedal.
- SONG 4: â€œWhatcha Sayâ€ by Jason Derulo: Seated sprints of 1 minute followed by a 30 second rest at high pace and medium resistance.
- SONG 5: â€œNumb/Encoreâ€ by Jay-Z and Linkin Park: Repeating intervals of seated, running, and crouched for 30 seconds each at medium pace and medium resistance.
- SONG 6: â€œDecodeâ€ by Paramore: Long, slow run at medium pace with high resistance.
- SONG 7: â€œUprisingâ€ by Muse: Long, slow seated climb at medium pace with increasing resistance until itâ€™s very, very hard to pedal.
- SONG 8: â€œImma Beâ€ by Black Eyed Peas: Running intervals at medium resistance, end with a 1-minute cool down.
It was a GREAT workout. The boys were still lifting when I finished, so I walked on the treadmill for 2.0 miles in 32 minutes.
A hummus, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and spinach sammie:
And a veggie salad:
Do you take spin classes? Or prefer to cycle outside?