Struggling to get out the door? Here are my tips to get your exercise mojo back:
- Give yourself a day off. A surprise day (or two) of rest might be exactly what you need.
- Pack all your gear the night before.
- Listen to some new tunes while you get ready to leave (or while you workout).
- Call up a friend to see if they want to go with you!
- Try a new location or a new activity. Variety is the spice of life.
- Reduce your desired time, mileage, or pace to something easier and more manageable. You’ll dread the workout less if it’s shorter, and you can always extend it when you’re out there.
- Eat a breakfast of champions! You all know my personal favorite: a bagel, a banana, tea/coffee, and water.
- Plan your reward. Are you going to come home and take a nice, long nap? Lay by the pool? Go on a shopping trip? Read a book?
- Read your own or other people’s race recaps and race videos. Recall your previous accomplishments.
- GO! GET OUT THERE! Stop stalling!
- When the going gets tough, remember, “I can do anything for 5 minutes.” When the 5 minutes are up, do it all over again.
Rock it out!
How do you reclaim your exercise mojo?