Struggling to get out the door? Here are my tips to get your exercise mojo back:
- Give yourself a day off. A surprise day (or two) of rest might be exactly what you need.
- Pack all your gear the night before.
- Listen to some new tunes while you get ready to leave (or while you workout).
- Call up a friend to see if they want to go with you!
- Try a new location or a new activity. Variety is the spice of life.
- Reduce your desired time, mileage, or pace to something easier and more manageable. Youâ€™ll dread the workout less if itâ€™s shorter, and you can always extend it when youâ€™re out there.
- Eat a breakfast of champions! You all know my personal favorite: a bagel, a banana, tea/coffee, and water.
- Plan your reward. Are you going to come home and take a nice, long nap? Lay by the pool? Go on a shopping trip? Read a book?
- Read your own or other peopleâ€™s race recaps and race videos. Recall your previous accomplishments.
- GO! GET OUT THERE! Stop stalling!
- When the going gets tough, remember, â€œI can do anything for 5 minutes.â€ When the 5 minutes are up, do it all over again.
Rock it out!
How do you reclaim your exercise mojo?