Warning: this breakfast might cause you to lick your computer screen.
Do you lie in bed at night, dreaming up recipes? I do. It helps me fall asleep, and I’m much more likely to think of a great recipe when I’m not staring into the fridge.
These Pancake Truffles are by far the most amazing, decadent, and delicious breakfast recipe that I’ve ever dreamed up.
Ingredients (for 3 truffles or 1 serving):
- 1/2 cup raw oatmeal
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4.5 inches of banana (cut into three 1.5 inch pieces)
- 1.4 cup whole pecans, crushed
- Maple syrup to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first five ingredients in small bowl.
- On a plate, spread out crushed pecan.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Separate mix into three piles.
- Take one segment of banana and coat in the pancake mix. It will be kind of sticky and wet, but that’s fine.
- Form ball around the banana segment, and then roll in the crushed pecans.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with other banana segments.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove, plate, and drizzle in maple syrup.
The pancake mix forms a hard shell around the hot, mushy banana. It’s too delicious to put into words!
And it LOOKS beautiful. This would be such a great item to serve at a brunch or for a romance Sunday breakfast.
I served mine with a bowl of orange and blackberry:
Do you create your own recipes? Where do you find inspiration? Or do you prefer to follow recipes? Do you use the Internet or cookbooks as your guide?