Megan came over over for a girls night in!
We did girly stuff like paint our nails and watch Sixteen and Pregnant.
Plus, we drank
a lot of wine, and I ate crackers and salsa.
I also made us a great dinner. Megan said she was “CRAVING VEGGIES” so I happily compiled:
The star of dinner was definitely the yucca fries. I’ve never made yucca fries before, and I think the secret to not to bake them too long. I overbaked these and they were a little too crunchy.
This recipe would work well with parsnips fries or sweet potato fries as well!
Orange Zest Yucca Fries
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 large yucca root
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel yucca root and cut into fry-sized pieces.
- Mix orange zest, chili powder, salt and pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add in yucca fries and stir, coating entirely.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes MAX.
We also had corn and broccoli:
And an English muffin with 1/2 a black bean burger (Morningstar brand).
Dessert was a small bowl of coconut ice cream with shredded coconut on top:
And guess whaaaaat? The Operation Beautiful video was featured on the latest Oprah Winfrey Network mailer – check it out here! 🙂 If you guys post any OB notes, be sure to e-mail them to me at email@example.com. I put them all on the site so include a blog link if you have one!
What’s your favorite type of “fry”? Baked or fried? Curly, straight, crinkled? Regular, sweet potato, parsnip? Or something new and exciting? I love those curly (fried) fries… the ones that kind of uncurl as you pull them out of the basket! Mmmm.