Catching up on weekend posts?
- I ran an epic 15K.
- Iâ€™m plotting to run 3 more races in the next two weeks to achieve a goal of 26 races by my 26th birthday on April 26.
The sun is shining, the coffee is hot, the wienerschnitzel is snoringâ€¦ Itâ€™s a typical Monday morning in Central Florida.
I can eat hot oatmeal all year round, but today I was craving a cold breakfast. I am really enjoying the use of raw oatmeal instead of granola. Itâ€™s cheaper and Iâ€™ve definitely do not miss the added sugar.
My mix contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- Drizzle maple syrup
Want to help Brock Cassell, a 20-month old with leukemia?
Head over to Emilyâ€™s blog to donate a minimum of $1 to her fun foodie raffle. All proceeds will benefit Brockâ€™s family during this difficult time. :(
Getting Our Move Onâ€¦
As mentioned a few times on the blog, we are moving to Charlotte, North Carolina at the end of June. Weâ€™re moving because Orlando is not the ideal place to launch the Husbandâ€™s acupuncture business and, although we like it here, we donâ€™t see ourselves here forever. My in-laws are also moving to Charlotte, and North Carolina is a lot closer to my mom and other relatives.
Suddenly, I cannot think of anything BUT moving. Itâ€™s starting to become a weird obsession. Iâ€™m focused mainly on finding the perfect apartment/townhome/house. Weâ€™re going to continue renting because weâ€™re not in the position to buy.
We have this LONG list of â€œwantsâ€ in a new place. In order of importance:
- Three bedrooms or two bedrooms with an office area
- Within close proximity to the Husbandâ€™s clinic so he doesnâ€™t have a long commute
- Located in a mixed-use neighborhood so we can walk to shops, restaurants, and bars
- A good running/biking neighborhood or near a large park
- Good lighting for food photography 🙂
- Off-street parking
- A small backyard area (unless itâ€™s an apartment)
- Renovated and modern
- Air conditioning
Whew. Does a place like that even exist?
If you were to move to another city, where would you go? What kind of place would you want?