Guess what? The cover of the Operation Beautiful book is done. 🙂 I wish I could show it to everyone, but not yet. It’s so crazy to see my blog name + my name on a book jacket! Gulp!
I thought I’d share some information on the book creating process in case anyone is interested:
- I signed the contract in September and immediately began writing.
- I turned in the draft of the manuscript and approximately 150 photographs of Operation Beautiful notes on December 14.
- My publisher (Gotham Books) read it over and suggested changes.
- I made the revisions and sent it back.
- Gotham Books’ copywriting department is now going through the book with a fine-toothed comb to catch grammatical errors, etc. I should get these changes in a few weeks.
- The graphics department is laying out the manuscript and photographs in a design program, which is how the book will look when it’s finally printed.
- … And then it will be published and available in stores in August!
Still can’t really believe it’s happening!
Moving on…. Breakfast!
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1 sliced banana
- Toppings: cinnamon, coconut, almonds, brown sugar
I am going through this Spices Inc Cinnamon WAY too fast!
It’s another dreary, wet day in Tennessee, but we’re going to avoiding the massive snowstorm the Northeast is expected to get – thank goodness! I’m driving back to Orlando on Monday and would prefer to do it in sunshine and on dry roads.
My mom and I have an interesting day planned:
- Hitting the gym for some strength training and swimming.
- Going to a conference on whether UFOs are real (yes, seriously… my mom is into this kind of stuff, and I’m happy to oblige – at the minimum, it will make for good blogging later!).
- Attending the orchestra.
I’ll leave you with a funny picture of Maggie.
Better get going!