Sometimes, I hear about new recipes through the blog world and think, â€œThere is NO WAY that can taste good.â€ But, then I try it and â€“ low and behold â€“ and DOES taste good! (Case in point: spinach in smoothies!)
On Wednesday, Ryan and Meghann were discussing mixing almond butter in marinara sauce to create a vegan version of cream sauce. I had my doubts! And I was concerned about using up precious Barney Butter on a recipe that might not work.
I took a leap of faithâ€¦
And Iâ€™m so glad I did!
While it definitely did not taste like cream sauce (and yaâ€™ll know I love my cream sauce), it was flavorful, rich, creamy, and delicious. It did kind of taste nut buttery, but in a good way!
I mixed 1.5 tablespoons of Barney Butter to a regular serving of red sauce (I cooked it on the stovetop â€“ it involved a lot of stirring). And then I poured it over a serving of cheese tortellini.
Plus, asparagus on the side.
Little Maggie is doing fine. I took her to the vet this morning because sheâ€™s been yakking and itching her ears. I always feel so guilty at the vet because I never get the dogsâ€™ shots updated; their nails are long; and their teeth are dirty. Iâ€™m a good fur mom, I just donâ€™t like spending tons of money at the vet (obviously). Iâ€™m also not a huge believer in vaccinations for dogs or people (but thatâ€™s another post) and only get the shots I legally have to do to board the dogs.
However, the vet did finally talk me into getting Maggieâ€™s teeth cleaned. She really needs it! They have to put her under to clean her teeth, so Iâ€™m really nervous. Thatâ€™s on Monday â€“ get ready for pearly whites, Maggie! 🙂
What to Wear to My Triathlon?
Iâ€™ve been grapping with an issue for the triathlon, so I figured I should for some advice!
Iâ€™m going to wear the wetsuit for the swim, but what do I wear underneath?
- If I wear a bathing suit underneath, I will have to put on bike shorts during T1 (transition 1).
- If I wear a bathing suit, I will also have to put on a sports bra during T2 before the run. My girls are too large to run 5.6 miles without a sports bra.
- I could put the sports bra on over my bathing suit (which would be fine) but I canâ€™t completely change during transition (there are no changing rooms in transition).
- If I wear my bathing suit under my wetsuit, Iâ€™m concerned about the bathing suit chafing my lady bits during the bike ride.
- Alternatively, I could wear a sports bra and bike shorts under my wetsuit, which would eliminate the need to change clothes, thus cutting down on my transition times and preventing chafing.
- However, that means that my bike shorts will be wet for the ride, and I might chafe my lady bits anyway. I have a pair of not-so-thickly-padded bike shorts that I could wear, but then Iâ€™m sacrificing comfort.
I cannot afford to buy a trisuit right now. Soâ€¦ if you were in my shoes, what you do?