I had a lovely day with the sister-in-law (Sophie). We went to the beach, worked out, and made a lovely dinner for the Husband and Harry.
The beach was a little cold, but it was nice to be outside.
While we hung out, we flipped through this book, called Core Performance Women: Burn Fat and Build Lean Muscle, which focusing on strength training for women. It was an interesting read, and it has full-color photographs describing the exercises.
Before we got to the beach, I had a rice, black bean, sour cream, and salsa bowl from Chipotle:
And at the beach, I snacked on one serving of PB Pretzels:
And a serving of chocolate-covered nut clusters.
After the beach, Sophie and I hit the gym. She wanted to try the Intro to Iron Pumping Challenge. Today was Back and Biceps day! Hereâ€™s what we did:
Day 3: Back and Biceps
- Warm Up: 5 minutes of cardio
- Seated Row: 3 x 12 with 45 pound weights
- Lat pulldown: 3 x 12 with 45 pound weights
- Stability Ball Ys and Ts (alternate between â€œYâ€ and â€œTâ€): 2 x12 for â€œYâ€ and 2 x 12 for â€œTâ€
- 21s: 1 set of 21â€™s with 30 pounds; 1 set of 21â€™s with 20 pounds
- Stability Ball Back extension: Skipped this move
- Frog crunches: 10 crunches
- Hammer curls: 3 X 12 with 5 pounds
- Oblique V-up: 30 crunches for each side with 5 pound weight
Afterwards, I did 30 minutes on the stationary bicycle and read New Moon (again!).
Sophie said she was craving VEGETABLES so we decided to create a giant vegetable roast!
I had: mushrooms, sweet potatoes, parsnips, Brussel sprouts, and carrots.
And a huge piece of yummy garlic bread made with minced garlic! Mmmm!
Time to watch a movie (Inglorious Bastards) with the family. Have a good night!