My favorite holiday cookie is Gingerbread Men, specifically this recipe. I woke up with Gingerbread Men on my mind, so I decided to integrate the flavors into breakfast.
The key to any good Gingerbread Men recipe? Molasses!
I subbed out the maple syrup that I’d normally dip my French Toast in with molasses mixed into the egg batter.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 big pinches cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 pinch ginger
- 2 pieces of whole wheat bread
- Combine all ingredients except eggs in shallow dish and beat until well mixed.
- Dredge bread through mixture.
- Place bread on heated griddle, cooking both sides thoroughly.
- Serve topped with banana.
It was really, really good. The molasses taste wasn’t overwhelming at all, but the French Toast had a nice spice to it. Nom, nom, nom.
Plus, a shot of wheatgrass on the side:
Not so nom, nom, nom! :) Oh well, it’s good for me.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie or dessert?
I love peanut butter blossoms with the hershey kiss, but I never eat the kiss. I take it out and eat the peanut butter cookie. 🙂