Glorious run with the Husband this morning! We did 3.0 miles in 28:47. :) I am very much enjoying being in taper mode for the marathon. I like shorter distances (you know, as opposed to 20.0 miles at once).
After the run, I did some last minute Christmas shopping! I’m giving the Husband an “airplane care package” (oh, and a trip to Europe) for Christmas. I stuffed a bag full of candy, dried fruit, an eye mask, a book, some magazines, and other odds and ends (gum!) and plan to give it to him on the airplane tomorrow.
A little light because I plan on wolfing down pumpkin yogurt and granola shortly. 🙂
I had a baked sweet potato with kidney beans:
I wanted to use vegetarian baked beans, but we are out. :( Wouldn’t that be a delicious combo?
And an orange:
New Year’s Even Resolutions 2010
Even though it’s still 2009, I thought I’d present my NYE 2010 Resolutions today. As I explained this morning, I am BIG on Resolutions. I like to sit down and imagine how I’d like the next year to go. Checking off items feels so great, too!
I always have a HUGE list of Resolutions and break them into fitness and personal resolutions. Since this is my first year as an entrepreneur, I’m also adding a professional category.
Here we go!
- Complete the Disney Marathon on January 10: This is a huge life goal of mine, and I’m so excited to check it off my bucket list. I truly do not have a time goal – if I finish alive and injury-free, I will be ecstatic. But… if I come in under 4:30, I will be even more excited. :) Just saying.
- Ride a Century Bike Race (100 miles) on May 15: I have completed a Metric Century, which is 60 miles, but I’d like to go for the BIG BIKE RACE and do a Century. I’ve already picked out my race and can’t wait to start training after I recover from the marathon!
- Complete a Triathlon on March 13 or 14: You might remember how I was disqualified from a sprint triathlon in the summer of 2008 because I freaked out and couldn’t finish the swim. I really want to tackle the tri again, but I’m not sure if I’ll do another sprint one or an Olympic distance. I’ve picked out the Wildman Triathlon in March as my race of choice.
- Continue to make efforts to be a nicer, more cheerful person.
- Try not to talk badly about other people and keep negative opinions to myself.
- Be more responsible with our money.
- Find freelance writing jobs so I can continue to be my own boss.
- Develop a second book concept and try to sell it.
- Develop a viral marketing plan for the Operation Beautiful book. Work with a graphic designer to create a sweet You Tube video.
- Help the Husband launch his acupuncture practice.
What are your goals for 2010?