I am addicted to PUMPKIN YOGURT. It’s amazingly delicious AND it’s such a healthy addition to my diet. You know I eat Greek plain yogurt everyday, but the addition of real pumpkin has so many benefits.
Pumpkin Yogurt rocks because:
- 1/4 cup serving has 150% of your Vitamin A needs (including LOADS of beta-carotenes, which prevent eye problems, skin disorders, enhance immunity, and protect against toxins and cancer formations, colds, flu, and infection).
- Another source of fruit (or veggies… depends on what you consider pumpkin. Technically speaking, pumpkin is a fruit).
- Only has 20 calories and 2.5 grams of fiber.
- My expensive yogurt laster longer! I love Oikos, but it’s so expensive and replacing 1/2 with canned pumpkin is CHEAP.
Here’s how I’ve been making it:
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- A TON of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cloves
I can’t wait until tomorrow so I CAN EAT IT AGAIN!
I also snacked on an apple this afternoon as I packed for our big European adventure.
I am taking WAY too much stuff.
The Husband was in charge of dinner. He chose to make whole wheat thin-crust pizza, which was delicious. We use those pre-made crusts you find in the bakery section of the store:
I had 1/3 of the pizza, which was topped with cheddar cheese, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms.
Plus, corn on the cob.
And the GLORIOUS end to my Sunday night? Well… I was craving a Dairy Queen blizzard. Blizzards are actually my favorite dessert, followed shortly by creme brulee and key lime pie.
That face is for serious.
I used to have Blizzards once a month for about two years! I worked right now door to a Dairy Queen and was a member of the Blizzard of the Month Club. Back then, you got an e-mail once a month for buy-one-get-one, and my coworker Brian and I would each get Blizzards. It was a great treat (and made it easier to say no to Blizzards on a daily basis… seriously, I could eat them every day!).
But now I don’t live near a Dairy Queen, so I made my own Resee’s Blizzard tonight:
Movie night is in progress! I’ll give reviews tomorrow!
What’s your favorite dessert?