For the last two weeks, I hosted a submissions contest for my upcoming book, which is based on my other blog, Operation Beautiful. I received over 200 thoughtful, creative, and amazing entries, which are all now jammed into my Official Book:
But I can only select 19 notes for prizes. 125 of the notes will be in the book!
The 19 prizes include:
- GRAND PRIZE: A $100 Spafinder.com gift card
- A variety pack of Glo Bars from Oh She Glows
- A Stonyfield Farm gift bag
- A case of POM Wonderful
- A Superchick CD
- A pair of Feelgoodz Flip Flops
- A piece of jewelry from DragonFlie Designs
I judged the entries on creativity and uniqueness of the note itself and/or the location of the note. It was HARD to choose the winners, but here they are….
- Sarah; 19; Richmond, VA: The GRAND PRIZE winner posted a huge, colorful note on a stop sign pole at a busy intersection. It’s catchy and unique, and I loved it.
- Brooke; 18; New York City, NY
- Christina; 28; Austin, TX
- Rachel; 19; Denver, CO
- Janae 24; Denver, CO
- Kelsey; 26; Denton, TX
- Mary; 33; Minneapolis, MN
- Kath; 26; Charlotte, NC
- Jessica; 18; Boulder, CO
- Emily; 21; Shreveport, LA
- Jessica C.; 24; Boston, MA
- Jessica M.; 25; Massachusetts
- Sherri; 49; Seattle, WA
- Emily; 15; Virginia
- Katie; 24; Baltimore, MD
- Monica; 26; California
- Jessica; 20; Beaumont, TX
- Morgan; 28; Freehold, NJ
- Amelia; 21; Sandy Hook, KY
Unfortunately, I cannot publish the winning notes on the blog – you have to just trust me that they were AMAZING! :) Or, you can see them yourself in the book, which comes out in August. Congrats to the winners (I’ll e-mail you!) and THANK YOU to everyone who entered the book submissions contest. You’ve helped me pull together what I hope will be an awesome book.
In Other News….
I’m still sick and started to take antibiotics. I don’t normally like antibiotics, but I think its necessary this time around.
Snacks of the afternoon included some Glo-nola from Angela with Greek yogurt (ohmigod, the granola was awesome):
Dinner was quick and easy. I felt too tired to stand in the kitchen and cook. I had cous cous, kidney beans, and some green vegetable that I currently cannot recall the name of (help?):
The cous cous was drenched in this yummy Thai sauce, which was good and I want to try with tofu:
Wedding Revisited – Sneak Peek!
Remember how we re-took our wedding photographs on Sunday? A great photographer named Adam Wiggall photographed us, and here is one of the shots!
I’ll put the rest up tomorrow. I’m so happy with our new pictures! It feels like my wedding day in those pictures! 🙂
Hears to hoping I wake up, magically cured of my respiratory sickness and can run. I need to get in marathon miles!!!