For the last two weeks, I hosted a submissions contest for my upcoming book, which is based on my other blog, Operation Beautiful. I received over 200 thoughtful, creative, and amazing entries, which are all now jammed into my Official Book:
But I can only select 19 notes for prizes. 125 of the notes will be in the book!
The 19 prizes include:
- GRAND PRIZE: A $100 Spafinder.com gift card
- A variety pack of Glo Bars from Oh She Glows
- A Stonyfield Farm gift bag
- A case of POM Wonderful
- A Superchick CD
- A pair of Feelgoodz Flip Flops
- A piece of jewelry from DragonFlie Designs
I judged the entries on creativity and uniqueness of the note itself and/or the location of the note. It was HARD to choose the winners, but here they areâ€¦.
- Sarah; 19; Richmond, VA: The GRAND PRIZE winner posted a huge, colorful note on a stop sign pole at a busy intersection. Itâ€™s catchy and unique, and I loved it.
- Brooke; 18; New York City, NY
- Christina; 28; Austin, TX
- Rachel; 19; Denver, CO
- Janae 24; Denver, CO
- Kelsey; 26; Denton, TX
- Mary; 33; Minneapolis, MN
- Kath; 26; Charlotte, NC
- Jessica; 18; Boulder, CO
- Emily; 21; Shreveport, LA
- Jessica C.; 24; Boston, MA
- Jessica M.; 25; Massachusetts
- Sherri; 49; Seattle, WA
- Emily; 15; Virginia
- Katie; 24; Baltimore, MD
- Monica; 26; California
- Jessica; 20; Beaumont, TX
- Morgan; 28; Freehold, NJ
- Amelia; 21; Sandy Hook, KY
Unfortunately, I cannot publish the winning notes on the blog â€“ you have to just trust me that they were AMAZING! :) Or, you can see them yourself in the book, which comes out in August. Congrats to the winners (Iâ€™ll e-mail you!) and THANK YOU to everyone who entered the book submissions contest. Youâ€™ve helped me pull together what I hope will be an awesome book.
In Other Newsâ€¦.
Iâ€™m still sick and started to take antibiotics. I donâ€™t normally like antibiotics, but I think its necessary this time around.
Snacks of the afternoon included some Glo-nola from Angela with Greek yogurt (ohmigod, the granola was awesome):
Dinner was quick and easy. I felt too tired to stand in the kitchen and cook. I had cous cous, kidney beans, and some green vegetable that I currently cannot recall the name of (help?):
The cous cous was drenched in this yummy Thai sauce, which was good and I want to try with tofu:
Wedding Revisited â€“ Sneak Peek!
Remember how we re-took our wedding photographs on Sunday? A great photographer named Adam Wiggall photographed us, and here is one of the shots!
Iâ€™ll put the rest up tomorrow. Iâ€™m so happy with our new pictures! It feels like my wedding day in those pictures! 🙂
Hears to hoping I wake up, magically cured of my respiratory sickness and can run. I need to get in marathon miles!!!