This You Tube video changed my life. It also inspired Operation Beautiful! I know I’ve posted it a million times before, but sometimes there are new readers – and EVERYONE should watch this! 🙂
Next week is the annual Delta Delta Delta Fat Talk Free Week. A new Fat Talk video will be released – I can’t wait to see it! As part of Fat Talk Free Week, women all over the country are pledging to stop fat talking for just one week. Hopefully, this week will become a month, a year, a LIFETIME! We don’t need Fat Talk in our world, at all.
Did you know…
- 54% of women would rather be hit by a truck than be fat.
- The average American woman is 5’4” tall, weights 140 lbs, and wears a size 12 or 14. Fashion models are thinner than 98% of American women.
- Barbie, the best selling fashion doll in the world, has unattainable and unhealthy body proportions. If she were alive, her waist would be smaller than patients with anorexia nervosa, and she would be unable to menstruate.
- 1 in 4 women have avoided engaging in a physical activity or sport because they feel badly about the way they look.
- 81% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat. 51% of 9 and 10 year old girls feel better about themselves if they are on a diet.
- Seventy percent of young women say they want to look like a TV character.
I don’t know about you, but I do NOT want my daughter to grow up in a world like this. I don’t want her to strive for an unrealistic, Photoshopped concept of beauty. And guess what – I don’t want to do it, either!
I’ll be posting tons of stuff about Fat Talk next week, but I wanted to get you all EXCITED about this special event! :) PLEASE take the pledge to stop Fat Talking next week.
Three cheers for Fat Talk Free Week! Oh, and because I’m sure people will ask, I was not in Tri Delta in college. 🙂