Good morning! Today, we are driving to Miami to watch the University of Miami vs. Oklahoma football game. The Husband and I are serious tailgaters, but we try to keep it healthy. Our days of Keg ‘N Eggs are over. 🙂
This year’s tailgating activities are sponsored by Arnold Bread. The Healthy Tailgate series will be a regular feature on the blog until November, at the very least! :) Hopefully, there is a National Championship is our future!
Without further ado, here is today’s menu! We’ll be back with a full recap later!
October 3, 2009 Tailgate Menu
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches on Arnold Select Sandwich Thins: Marinated zucchini, squash, and bella mushrooms with cheese, onions, tomatoes, and sprouts.
- Fruit Salad: Watermelon, melon, grapes, and strawberries.
- "Homemade" Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Blue Corn Chips: This easy salsa tastes 100% homemade, but it only requires three ingredients and always impresses guests. I’ll share the recipe later!
- Red Potato Salad: Not homemade, but I cannot imagine the first tailgate of the season without a little potato salad!
- Grilled Peaches: A sweet and healthy dessert.
This morning, I had Flax French Toast with whole wheat bread and strawberries:
Mixing flax in with the eggs really creates amazing French Toast. So simple, yet such a big taste difference!
After breakfast digested, I did some yoga on TV.
I only did about 25 minutes because warrior poses were making my knees ache. I actually feel pretty great for a gal who ran 14.0 miles this morning, but I don’t need to push it on my rest day. :) YAY for successful marathon training!
And…. we’re off! Let’s go CANES!