I am so flattered to be hosting Week 52 of BSI! :) BSI stands for Blogger Secret Ingredient. BSI has been going on in the blog world for almost one full year. Each week, a new host picks an ingredient and anyone (food blogger or not) can submit a recipe. BSI is such a cool blog-world activity.
- The host picks an ingredient, preferably one that is in season, readily available, and not too expensive;
- The host links back to all the other previous weekly hosts;
- Participants create a unique recipe using the BSI and e-mail the host with their recipes.
- You do not have to have a food blog to participate, and you do not have to submit a photograph (although it is preferred).
- if you donâ€™t have a blog, you can submit your recipe to the host, and she will post your recipe for you on her blog.
- The host reviews the recipe submissions by Sunday night of each week;
- The hosts pick a recipe that is her favorite; and
- The host post the winner Monday morning and sends the winner a token prize of her choosing.
Here are the previous BSI ingredients:
Week 51: Live, Laugh Eat – Almond Butter
Week 50: Balance, Joy and Delicias! â€“ Cauliflower
Week 49: Healthy San Diego Living â€“ Chickpeas
Week 48: Thought 4 Food â€“ Yogurt
Week 47: London Foodie in New York â€“ Chocolate
Week 46: Johnstoneâ€™s Vin Blanc â€“ Oats
Week 45: Guilty Kitchen â€“ Figs
Week 44: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet â€“ Peanut Butter
Week 43: The Sophisticated Gourmet â€“ Brown Sugar
Week 42: My Kitchen Addiction â€“ Lime
Week 41: Nutmeg Nanny â€“ Coffee
Week 40: Chayaâ€™s Comfy Cook â€“ Broccoli
Week 39: Healthy Delicious â€“ Plums
Week 38: Zoe â€“ Feta
Week 37: ChezWhat– Potatoes
Week 36: Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice â€“ Blueberries
Week 35: Girlichef -Greens
Week 34: The Ungourmet â€“ Watermelon
Week 33: Bread + Butter â€“ Bell Pepper
Week 32: Burp and Slurp -Corn
Week 31: Say Yes to Salad â€“ Kabocha
Week 31 1/2: Simply Fabulous Now â€“ Cherries
Week 30: Thinspired â€“ Bananas
Week 29: To Be The Whole Package â€“ Almonds
Week 28: Kristas Kravings â€“ Lemon
Week 27: From French Fries To Flax Seeds â€“ Coconut
Week 26: Plentiful Plants â€“ Avocado
Week 25: Training Fuel â€“ Eggs
Week 24: Dinner at Christinaâ€™s â€“ Cabbage
Week 23: Hey Whatâ€™s for Dinner, Mom? â€“ Strawberries
Week 22: One Bite at a Time â€“ Basil
Week 21: Just Sweet Enough â€“ Black Beans
Week 20: What I Ate Yesterday â€“ Kale
Week 19: Whatâ€™s for Dinner â€“ Orange
Week 18: BranAppetit! â€“Spinach
Week 17: Tales of Expansion Dates
Week 16: Biggest Diabetic Loser â€“ Zucchini
Week 15: Sweet & Natural â€“Peppermint
Week 14: bella eats [and runs] â€“ Ginger
Week 13: Coffee Talk â€“ Walnuts
Week 12: For the Love of Oats â€“ Pumpkin
Week 11: Trying to Heal â€“ Sweet Potatoes
Week 10: The Inner Workings of a College Graduate â€“ Eggplant
Week 9: Itzyâ€™s Kitchen â€“ Pears
Week 8: The Fitnessista â€“ Cranberries
Week 7: Tri to Cook â€“ Lentils
Week 6: Rhodey Girl Tests â€“ Polenta
Week 5: Eating Bender â€“ Butternut Squash
Week 4: Care to Eat â€“ Apples
Week 3: On a Lobster Placemat â€“ Mushrooms
Week 2: Hangry Pants â€“ Tomatoes
Week 1: sportsnutritionliving â€“ Quinoa
I decided to pick something a little different for this weekâ€™s BSIâ€¦.
You guys know I am the pancake and waffle queen. Love me some pancakes! But pancake mix can be used for so many things. For example, I used pancake mix in my Autumn Shepherdâ€™s Pie recipe (not vegetarian).
Some tips on how to win this weekâ€™s BSI:
- You can use any brand or type of pancake mix. You can also use a gluten-free mix if you want to. As long as the mix goes with the general theme of this weekâ€™s BSI, youâ€™re golden.
- I doubt I will choose a pancake or waffle recipe as the winner. Maybe if you have an insanely unique pancake/waffle concept, I will choose youâ€¦ maybe. But the goal of BSI Pancake Mix is to use the mix in a new and creative way.
- Please e-mail me when you post your BSI recipe on your blog. If you donâ€™t have a blog, send me your recipe and picture via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The BSI winner will receive a small prize!
- You have until Sunday the 18th at 8 PM EST to enter.
Canâ€™t wait to see your BSI Pancake Mix entries! Remember, e-mail your entries to me at email@example.com by next Sunday the 18th.