Good morning! I had a wonderful — if WAY too filling — breakfast:
The end of the tub of Oikos Greek Yogurt, granola, blueberries, and flax.
No dishes required. 🙂
My Morning Routine
Back in May, Meghann posted her morning routine, which I’m sure impressed everyone reading it because she gets SO much done in such little time.
My morning routine is not half as impressive, but I figured I’d share it for kicks. I realized today that I spend a freakish about of time in front of the computer. 😉
- 6:00 AM – Alarm goes off.
- 6:01 AM – Stumble to bathroom and pee. Splash face with water and think "Is it really time to wake up???"
- 6:02 AM – Take Maggie and James out to pee. Scold at James because he would rather stare at the birds than pee.
- 6:07 AM – Stumble back inside. Put on coffee.
- 6:09 AM – Turn on computer, read all comments and respond, and check e-mails.
- 6:20 AM – Pour cup of coffee and slam it as fast as humanly possible.
- 6:22 AM – Start breakfast.
- 6:25 AM – Strength moves – usually just a combination of push-ups and sit-ups. Stretch out knees if necessary.
- 6:35 AM – Finish preparing breakfast. Photograph.
- 6:45 AM – Eat in front of the computer while finishing e-mails (I usually get at least 20 overnight! I want an iPhone!).
- 7:00 AM – Blog for Healthy Tipping Point
- 7:15 AM – Blog for Operation Beautiful
- 7:30 AM – Jump in shower
- 7:40 AM – Dry off and get dressed
- 7:45 AM – Feed dogs
- 7:50 AM – Brush hair (I let it airdry; blowdrying is too tedious for me) and put on make-up if I’m leaving the house
- 7:55 AM – Walk dogs
- 8:00 AM – If I’m leaving, pull together my purse and crate the dogs. If I’m working from home, I turn on work computer and begin work.
Whew! Obviously, blogging sucks up a huge portion of my morning routine but it’s my favorite part so it’s all good. 🙂 This is one of the many reasons I don’t work out in the morning on weekdays — I would have to get up REALLY early and leave before the sun came up. I think doing a mini strength routine in the morning works best for me.
Do you work out in the morning? Or would you rather leave it until later?