Good afternoon! I hope you are a lovely and productive day. I sure am — I’ve gotten 1 document to print already and I’m hoping to get 1 more done soon. Ahh, the life of a tech writer. 🙂
I snacked on some raisins and nuts around 9:30.
And for lunch, I made "Dal for Dummies"!
Every time I read dal recipes, it seems really complicated and/or involves ingredients I don’t have in my pantry. So I made a simplified version!
Ingredients (all measurements are guesses, I just dumped stuff in):
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- Handful of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- In a small pot with a lid, cook the first 8 ingredients on medium in 1/2 cup of water until the onions become translucent.
- Add lentils and 1/2 cup of water. Cooked for 15 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Uncover and let stand for a few minutes before serving over warm brown rice.
I used too much water when I made the dal, so I reduced the recommended amount in the recipe above. Let me know if you try it!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, please describe the most romantic thing anyone has done for you. If you are a V-Day hater, describe the most shiteous gift you’ve ever received for any holiday.
- Most romantic thing: our proposal! The Husband is super romantic.
- Most lame present: A crappy answering machine, so an ex could "leave me messages." Oh, and it was broken, but he never returned it and got me another one. So it was really no gift at all. I hope he doesn’t see that, because he’s actually a really nice guy. It was just a lame gift.