Morning! I feel like such a lazy pants — I kept telling myself I’m going to go for a morning run, and then my alarm clock goes off and I just lay there, debate, hit snooze, and go back to sleep. I try all my old tricks — thinking about how good it would feel to get my workout out of the way, remembering that it will be dark later… but it just doesn’t work!
I’m going to go ahead and blame Twilight (keeping me up late) and the wedding (stressing me out and causing me to need more sleep). I’m not sure if that’s fair to do, but whatever.
On a brighter note, I have a 10K race on Sunday that I’m really looking forward to!
AND I really appreciate your enthusiasm regarding The Holistic Doctor Is In! Keep those orders coming! 😉
Breakfast was a simple, yet super yummy bowl of oatmeal.
The key addition was a little cinnamon!
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 sliced banana
- Toppings: sprinkle of brown sugar, sliced almonds, Grape Nuts
Heaven on a spoon!
December Challenge – Making Abs Fun, Day 4
Sorry I’m a little belated on this December Challenge post. I actually did this ab work last night at the gym using a blow-up workout ball, but a pillow works well, too.
Introducing….. V Sit-ups! I’m sure there’s a more official name, but that’s what I call this KILLER ab workout. I’m sore, seriously!
- Lay flat on a yoga mat, with your legs stretch out in front of you and your arms stretch out over head. Using your ankles, firmly grasp a ball or pillow.
- Lift your legs while lifting your arms overhead and crunching upwards. Don’t strain your neck! Try to pretend there’s an apple placed in between your chin and neck.
- Pass the pillow from your feet to your hands and extend your legs down and your arms back over your head.
- That’s one reptition. Next, move the pillow from your arms to your legs in a similar manner.
- I did 3 sets of 12 reps. It was a KILLER!
To recap, here’s the December Challenge so far:
Off to work I go! TGIF!