Good morning! I’m having a lovely Friday morning — I’m off from work, my mom is in town, and we’re going to do tons of wedding-related errands. YAY!
Since I missed my run last night, I went on a light run this AM. About an hour before I left, I had a light breakfast of 1/2 cup Grape Nuts and a sliced banana with skim milk.
Today’s run was rough. It’s funny how I can run 7.0 miles with no problems and then a week later running 3.2 miles seems like torture. It just goes to prove that SO MUCH of running is mental.
It was just one of those days — it was hot and sunny, I was feeling bloated from breakfast, and I was suffering from female-related aches and pains. It felt like I was running through hell.
A trick I use to get through runs like today’s is I force myself to zone out. Focusing on the discomfort or exhaustion is a vicious cycle that tends to make the run suck even harder. I conscious CHOOSE to zone out — I literally think, "Mind, go blank." And sometimes I have to remind myself to zone…. your mind tends to naturally wander back to thinking about walking.
My heart rate monitor got caught up under my shirt, so I don’t have my full statistics:
- Duration: 29 minutes (3.2 miles)
- Calories Burned (Approximately): 300
When I came home, I made a Muscle Milk Light smoothie and thanks the Lord above that my run was over and done with for the day. 🙂
Readers’ Blemish Remedies
A few days ago, I mentioned that I was breaking out like crazy on my forehead, and I wonder if anyone knew some natural fixes to help my skin. The response was overwhelming! There were so many good suggestions that I thought I’d share them in a post.
- Tea bags (for inflammation)
- Cider Vinegar
- Tea Tree Oil
- Witch Hazel
- Exfoliating with a wash cloth or sponge
- Drinking lots of water (or water + lemon)
- Changing the pillowcase frequently
- Stop touching your face!
- Drinking peppermint tea
- Chilling out, meditating, or doing yoga
- Clean eating (no junk!)
- Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 10
- Clean and Clear Advantage Kit
- Clinique toner
- Aveeno Clear Complexion face wash
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Neutrogena RapidClear Acne Pads
- Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
- Dermalogica Microfoliant
- Aspirin "paste" (crush aspirin, add drop of water, and spot onto zit)
What tricks do you have for "fighting the urge to walk"?