Good morning! I feel much better after yesterday’s disastrous doctor’s appointment. I’ve come up with a pretty good game plan, which includes:
- Sticking to my 10k Advanced Training Plan, but subbing out at least one of the run days with water running or another form of cross training (I’ll post the refined 10K Plan on Monday).
- Taking my glucosamine and calcium supplements EVERY DAY in the correct dosage (sometimes I miss a dose or even a whole day).
- Schedule a bone scan to ensure I don’t have a stress fracture.
- Have Future Husband give me acupuncture every other day.
- Schedule an appointment with a Holistic Doctor to get a second opinion on my knees.
- POSSIBLY see another orthopaedic doctor for a second opinion on my leg pain that is unrelated to my knee pain, assuming my bone scan comes back clean and I can rule out a stress fracture.
I’m definitely one of those people who feel better if I have a "game plan" when confronted with a life obstacle. I’m a firm believer there’s a solution to every problem! Of course, if my bone scan comes back with a stress fracture, I’ll need to come up with a new game plan, but I’ll cross that bridge IF and WHEN I need to (keep your fingers crossed!).
He also gave me acupuncture last night…. I had about 13 needles stuck in me!
He specifically focused on the meridians (‘energy pathways’) that assist the ligaments, tendons, and cartilage in my leg. Some of these points were DEFINITELY tender on me!
I felt a lot better, both physically and emotionally, after my acupuncture. Future Husband is going to be an amazing doctor one day…. I can’t wait for him to start treating patients at the clinic in January! He has an excellent bedside manner. 🙂
Breakfast – Peppermint Oatmeal
Since spin class isn’t until 9:15, I had a normal-sized breakfast. I was craving a nice, warm bowl of classic oatmeal with a fun twist!
My oatmeal contained:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 sliced banana
- A few drops of peppermint extract
- Toppings: brown sugar and granola
Did you know that peppermint oil is helpful for relieving indigestion and may be a potential anti-cancer agent? Peppermint has also been shown to stop the growth of many different bacteria and fungii. Peppermint also encourages cells to make substances called prostacyclins that keep the airways open for easy breathing. Lastly, extracts of peppermint have also been shown to help relieve the nasal symptoms of allergic rhinitis (colds related to allergy).
And peppermint also tastes yummy in oatmeal! 🙂
With my breakfast, I also had a cup of coffee and I took my glucosamine and calcium supplements. HEAL, knees, HEAL!
Time to SPIN! I can’t wait to work up a really great sweat! 🙂 Have a nice Saturday morning and I’ll see you for lunch!