The elliptical machine frustrates me SO MUCH. I try to do a "cardio" day one a week to (1) give my legs a break; and (2) prevent mental burn out from excessive running.
HOWEVER, I just feel like a hamster on a wheel. And my heart rate rarely reaches 150 bpm, so I’m not burning too many calories. I’ve tried doing intensive intervals on the elliptical, but it just doesn’t do much! Anyone have any advice?
In the end, I wheeled around on the elliptical for 10 minutes, and then banged out 2 miles in 18 minutes on the treadmill. FINALLY a real BURN! :) And then I did some arm exercises and ab work. Here are my statistics:
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Average Heart Rate: 135 bpm
- Maximum Heart Rate: 193 bpm
- Calories Burned: 285
And here are today’s eats…
Around 3:30, I had a Honey Graham Z-Bar… even better than Spooky Smores! I hid it in my desk until I was hungry or I would’ve broken into it at 1!
And around 5:00, I had a small piece of WW toast and some cashew butter.
Dinner – Thanksgiving Rice
The fall weather (which means it’s not necessarily topping 95 degrees everyday in Florida) makes me crave home-cooked meals reminiscence of family holidays!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup dry brown rice
- 1 large carrot, chopped thinly
- 2 pieces of celery, chopped thinly
- 1/8 cup of chopped Vidalia onion
- S&P to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Prepare brown rice according to package.
- Meanwhile, in a large wok, combine carrots, celery, onion, S&P, lemon juice, water, and EVOO.
- Cook on medium for 20 minutes.
- Drain rice and combine with veggies in wok. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries, cook for 1 more minute, and then serve.
On the side, I had 0.25 lb of baked tilapia, which I baked for 25 minutes at 350. I just rubbed the fish in some EVOO, salt, and pepper first.
- Good night! Sleep tight. :) **Edited to add: I just had half a Dove chocolate bar and some milk for a dessert. Yum!