BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of my favorite "bad" meals. Back in my glory days of unhealthy eating, I would eat a small BBQ Chicken Pizza (4 slices) for lunch–by myself. I seriously thought it was a SINGLE PORTION, until I looked up the nutritional information online and discovered it had a whopping 1,200 calories in one pie… and sooo much saturated fat! Eck!
I’m a firm believer than any meal can be transformed into a more healthy alternative. Tonight, I made a seriously yummy BBQ Chicken Mini Pizza–which, at around 500 calories, I can inhale guilt free!.
BBQ Chicken Mini Pizza
- 1 WW pita (approximately 140 calories)
- 1/8 cup of pasta sauce
- 1.5 oz. chicken breast
- 1 pineapple ring
- 3 tablespoons Anne’s Organic BBQ Sauce for marinating, another 1/2 tablespoon for drizzling on the pizza
- 1/2 tablespoon goat cheese
- 1/8 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1/8 cup cheddar cheese
- Chop chicken into small, bite-sized pieces, and marinate chicken breast in BBQ sauce for approximately 20 minutes.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare pizza base. Spread pasta sauce in middle of pita and add cheddar and goat cheese on top.
- Chop pineapple ring into tiny pieces and layer on top of cheese.
- When chicken is cooked, add chicken to pizza.
- Drizzle pizza in 1/2 tablespoon of BBQ sauce and 1/8 cup shredded Italian cheese.
- Bake pizza at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes, or until pita begins to crisp.
- Enjoy! And feel indulgent. 🙂
I didn’t eat my pizza until 8:30, so around 6:30 I had a small bowl of cereal + yogurt with a few dried cranberries on top.
The cereal was Uncle Sam Original, an admitting ghetto-looking cereal that I got for like $2.50. However, the nutritional information looked pretty good, so I snapped it right up!
A "toasted whole wheat and flaxseed blend," this cereal was definitely lower-calorie by volume than my usual cereal pick. But, Uncle Sam’s is high in fiber, low in sugar, and contains Omega-3s. Score!
See you tomorrow for a 4.0 miler…. or a 6.0 miler! I’m sure ITCHING to run again! :) Good night!