First things first: I promised you chocolate-covered brownie balls.
I’m not really into baking desserts or keeping cookies in the house. If I want dessert, I prefer to go to Ben and Jerry’s and buy a sprinkle-covered waffle cone with two giant scoops of Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz (amazaballs). But every now and then, I get a baking urge and come up with a super easy and delicious creation – like Baked Wonton Cookies. These chocolate-covered brownie balls definitely fall into the ‘super easy and delicious’ category and taste amazing warm and gooey or chilled and crunchy.
- 1 packet brownie mix, prepared per package directions (I used a GF kind)
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter (or any kind of nut butter)
- Preheat oven according to brownie directions, mix brownie mix, and bake according to package directions; however, remove mix about ten minutes early, or just when it’s starting to firm up but is not crispy on the edges yet.
- Allow brownies to cool completely.
- Crumble cooled brownies into large bowl, add in sunflower butter, and use hands to mix. Form 12 2-tablespoon balls of brownie. Side aside.
- Meanwhile, fill a larger pot with 1-inch of water. Put smaller pot on top of water (to create a double broiler). Pour chocolate chips in and stir until melted.
- Drop balls into chocolate and use a spoon to thoroughly coat. Place on plate and allow to cool (or eat gooey warm with a fork).
So, the chocolate-covered brownie balls were great. This was not:
I woke up with a headache and all I wanted was caffeine. Think God is trying to tell me something? Lay off the sauce, Caitlin.
In the mix:
So unoriginal but it was all I could muster with the headache and death of my French press (R.I.P).
Goals for today: Be a productive little bee. I’m working on it!