Good morning! This is how I feel about Monday:
Laying in bed > working. Obviously.
After a fun Saturday (guess what? I didn’t drown during my Open Water Challenge race!), Sunday was kind of blah. I didn’t feel very well, emotionally or physically, and spent most of the day laying on the couch or the patio and staring at a book/the TV/the wall/the back of my eyelids.
But with 11 hours (OMG) of sleep under my belt, I feel much better.
So much better, in fact, that I have this AMAZING breakfast to share with you…
I’m OBSESSED with coffee, and the love for java definitely translates to ice cream. I will always choose coffee ice cream over the other ‘traditional’ favorites like cookie dough or mint chocolate chip.
But coffee ice cream for breakfast?! Well, of course – if it’s secretly Banana Soft Serve in disguise!
Coffee Banana Soft Serve
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 2 bananas, frozen in chunks
- 2 large dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1.5 tablespoons instant coffee (powdered)
- In food processor, combine all ingredients until a soft serve is created.
- Depending on the consistency, you might want to re-freeze for a bit. Generally, if you eat it within a day or so of making it, you won’t need to re-process. Otherwise, just give it a whirl in the processor again to create a soft texture.
I enjoyed my Coffee Banana Soft Serve on top of some French toast with blackberries. That makes it an acceptable breakfast, right?
Ready… set… MONDAY!